Acne is no more than a generic term that is used to describe skin disorders such as pimples, whiteheads, and blackheads. Most research has shown that clogging of the pores is the culprit for most of these annoying disorders. Some people think that certain foods are the main reason for outbreaks but there is no scientific research that proves this. The one thing that is clear is there are a number of variables in which to rid you of these annoying problems.
I want to share with you the 10 best tips to getting rid of acne. Some of these may apply to you and some may not. Take your time to experiment with each one and document your findings. Make sure you follow some sort of routine so you know which remedies are working and which ones are not.
1. Try changing your bath soap. Some soap just annoys skin while others are very gentle and easy.
2. Switch your current makeup. Many makeup brands are oil based which has a history of clogging pores.
3. Wash off all makeup and rinse your face before going to bed. No matter how little makeup you may think you have on it is important to make sure all of it is removed so your skin can breathe through the night.
4. Change the form of birth control you're currently using. Many women have voiced their opinion of how a simple birth control switch makes getting rid of acne easy.
5. Experiment with varying degrees of sun exposure. Not enough as well as to much can dramatically change your acne circumstances.
6. Drink more water. The number one way to rid your body of toxins that can contribute to getting rid of acne is water. It helps flush out your system and keep your skin free of elisions.
7. Stop washing your face so much. Try cutting the times you wash your face in half and see what happens. Over washing your skin can make it dry and flakey which breeds acne.
8. Stress is a major element in blemishes to the skin. In order to reduce stress exercise 3-4 times a week for 20-40 minutes and get at least 6 hours of sleep.
9. Mix a few tablespoons of baking soda with a small amount of water and apply it to the area which is problematic nightly until it disappears.
10.Take a small amount of toothpaste and dab it on the infected area. This seems to be an Urban Legend but there are people that swear by it.