The summer is a perfect BBQ time across the US. BBQ is a great crowd pleaser and is sure to bring the family together. Here is an easy BBQ ribs recipe and some quick tips to make sure your BBQ experience is safe and fun.
First, to keep things safe:
1. Defrost meat before cooking so you get even cooking and do it in the fridge.
2. Marinate food in the refrigerator and don’t reuse the marinade unless you boil it first
3. Do not serve cooked meat in the same plate you had the raw meat (unless you clean it before re-using it)
4. Don’t bring out the meat until you are ready to cook to avoid leaving it a prolonged time in hot temperatures before cooking.
Make sure you follow the safety tips and you will have more fun during the summer cookouts. My summer is going great. BBQ’s are a big reason for that. One of my favorite dishes is an easy BBQ Ribs recipe. To make great ribs easily we need to follow these tips:
1. Marinade the meat or rub in the seasonings at least 1 hr before cooking more is better but if it’s done too long, unless it’s a tough cut, you could overpower the meat. Anywhere from one to six hours is good enough.
2. Grill ribs bone side down until the bones start to separate from the meat without turning. This is a key point that helps produce tender ribs.
3. Brush BBQ sauce or any sauce that has sugar only at the tail end of cooking.
4. Allow the ribs to sit for 10 minutes before eating or cutting this helps the meat stay juicy.
5. Use tongs to handle the meat forks will pierce the meat and allow the juices to escape. Piercing the meat reduces the flavor and moisture of the meat.
You can try this tips this weekend or the next time you grill ribs and you will see and taste the difference. In order to do that you need this simple recipe that’s great tasting:
6 pounds pork spareribs
1 tblsp red pepper flakes
2 tblsp Adobo or Seasoned Salt
1 tsp fresh ground black pepper ( use less to taste if using adobo)
A barbecue sauce you like
Combine red pepper flakes, Adobo and black pepper. Rub mixture all over ribs; cover ribs and marinate in refrigerator at least 2 hours. Grill ribs over low heat, bone side down until the meat separates from the bone, approximately 1 hour. Apply your favorite barbecue sauce and cook for another 15 to 30 minutes turning the ribs frequently to avoid burning the sauce. Serves 6 to 8.
There you have it an easy BBQ ribs recipe and some tips to make sure you wow your family and guests.