Before I get into my some of my latest grilled salmon recipes let me share a couple of things with you. There are so many different ways to cook salmon. You can barbecue it, you can grill it, you can smoke it. You can cook / grill it on top of your smoker. you can smoke it in your smoker. Salmon is one of the fastest things which you can prepare after a long day at work and takes no time at all to prepare.
* If you are grilling an entire salmon, cut two or three slashes in each side of the fish to speed up the grilling times.
* Do not salt the fish before you cook or grill it; this will cause it to dry out. All it will do is draw out the very natural juices which you are trying to keep in.
* You can always learn new ways of grilling salmon by utilizing different herbs and spice, or rubs and marinades.
* Always start with a hot grill.
* Always oil your fish, not the grill. I just spray it with a little olive oil non-stick spray. This makes my herbs and spices, or rubs stick a little better.
* Do not move it around too much. Have your grill really hot and get those really good grill marks which we all love and then you can move the fish to a cooler side and finish it up there.
OK, now on to my latest grilled salmon recipes. My wife and I just finished up our road trip out here to Colorado and the first night we were out here I wanted to BBQ some salmon since we are trying to eat a little unhealthy these days. I had some individual salmon fillets and took these out. Rinse them and pat them dry. Next I took some aluminum foil, five pieces to be exact. And I placed one salmon fillet in each one of those aluminum foil pieces.
Now this is really, really easy and I got a lot of, well, not a lot, it was unanimous reviews of this dish. As we get more settled in I will start videotaping these dishes and put them up on our blog.
So next I put in 1 TB of olive oil and 1 Tb of white wine on top of each fillet. Then a little lemon pepper and then I topped it all off with some orange zest and fresh dill. You talk about good grilled salmon recipes. This is so easy and it takes no time at all to prepare.
Recap: salmon fillets, aluminum foil, olive oil, white wine, fresh orange or lemon zest, fresh dill, you got it. Wrap it rather securely and place them on a hot grill. It took about 20 min., If I remember correctly, but I did take one and opened it up just a bit to check and it was perfect. So we served that with some really good couscous and some grilled zucchini and it was such a great hit.
Remember, for good grilled salmon recipes, your imagination is the key to it all. Try different things, experiment, be a little bold. You might find something that you really like and can then serve it to your family or friends. For more great tips, tricks, recipes and how to video's sign up for my FREE weekly newsletter. I even do monthly contests and giveaways of my New Southern Style BBQ Rub and other cool stuff.