The Paleo Diet approach is a relatively new trend, but it’s a concept that’s rooted in thousands of years of human evolution. The term ‘Paleo’ refers to the paleolithic era, when early humans roamed the Earth. The diet is designed to mimic the diet of early humans who lived about 20,000 years ago, based on the theoretical basis that it’s a diet that was in place while modern humans were evolving.
Many believe that this is the diet our bodies evolved to accommodate, thereby making the Paleo Diet the dietary option that’s the most conducive to good health. This, of course, assumes that our bodies have not undergone any significant changes in the past 20,000 years — a fact that opponent contest.
****** What Foods Can You Eat on the Paleo Diet? ******
The Paleo Diet involves eating meats, fresh fruits, vegetables and nuts, while omitting foods such as dairy, sugars, legumes, grains, preservatives and additives, vegetable oils, starches, lentils and other items that would not have been accessible to early humans, who were hunter-gatherers.
For those who follow a Paleo Diet, it’s essential to eat only grass-fed, pastured meat and free-range birds, as these meats are not only healthier, but they’re also free of antibiotics, hormones and other chemicals that can harm your health.
Generally speaking, Paleo Diet practitioners get between 55% and 65% of their protein and so-called ‘food energy’ from meats and fish, and the remaining diet — 35% to 45% — is comprised of fruits, vegetables, nuts and other plant-based food sources. The Paleo Diet is high in protein (up to one-third of all ‘food energy’ from protein) and fairly low in carbohydrates. The fat intake — which accounts for 30% to 60% of the individual’s ‘food energy’ — is comparable to what you’d see with most modern diets in the Western hemisphere.
In terms of beverages, Paleo Diet practitioners primarily drink water and occasionally tea. But sodas, coffee, milk and most other drinks are considered off-limits since these items would not have been available to early humans.
Some Paleo Diet enthusiasts even believe that early paleolithic humans did not evolve to eat cooked foods and therefore, they eat all of their meals raw. Of course, there are some serious health hazards associated with eating uncooked meat, such as salmonella. Plus, there’s also the matter of taste — most humans don’t enjoy consuming raw meats. But if you can put meat aside, it’s fairly easy to eat raw on the Paleo Diet, since fish, fruits and veggies are all major staples of this dietary approach.
– Paleo Dinner Recipes
****** Benefits of The Paleo Recipe Book ******
In addition to The Paleo Recipe Book, you’ll also receive helpful bonuses, such as a Paleo dessert book and a recipe book with quick and simple Paleo meals. The latter is an essential, as the inability to find easy meals on the go is one major drawback to the Paleo Lifestyle, so the quick and simple meals guide is really useful for those who are new to all things Paleo and need an array of fast, easy-prep recipes.
There’s also a handy meal plan guide, which makes it even easier to get started with this approach. Notably, in the Western world, the average person gets about 70% of their energy from dairy items, cereals and grains, refined sugars and other items that are prohibited under the Paleo Diet. So for most people, switching to this diet will mean a very significant change in diet.
The Paleo Recipe Book also includes lots of handy charts and cooking guides, which are ideal for newbies. In all, I found this recipe book to be extremely helpful and perfect for anyone who’s seeking to get started with this dietary approach.
healthy lunch ideas, healthy breakfast recipes, healthy dinner ideas, easy healthy recipes, cheap dinner ideas, easy vegetarian recipes, paleo diet recipes, easy healthy dinner recipes, healthy salad recipes, healthy lunch recipes, healthy meal ideas, healthy vegetarian recipes, easy lunch recipes, dinner ideas for two, quick healthy meals, quick and easy desserts, cheap healthy meals, easy healthy meals, the paleo diet, healthy snack ideas, dinner recipes for two, healthy recipes for two, good dinner ideas, healthy breakfast meals, paleo breakfast recipes, paleo breakfast ideas, paleo dinner recipe