Have you been to a Greek restaurant? If you have ever been to a Greek restaurant, chances are, you have tried, or at least have seen Greek salad being served there. This salad usually consists of vegetables, such as lettuce, cucumbers, onions, tomatoes, bell peppers, a cheese, feta cheese that is nice and salty and a tangy dressing, that brings all of the ingredients together. Want to learn how to make your own Greek salad? Read this article to learn my very easy recipe for making a delicious Greek salad!
Here is how to make the salad that everyone will love:
1. Pick Vegetables
There are a ton of different vegetables that you can use:
– Lettuce. We sometimes leave it out, but if you do use it, go for the more robust lettuce, such as Romaine lettuce. The reason for this is that the salad dressing is very robust, and more delicate lettuces will be lost in it.
– Cucumbers. Definitely use cucumbers. They make the salad taste extremely fresh and we can't imagine a this salad without cucumbers.
– Tomatoes. We love to add tomatoes to this salad. They definitely add a lot of flavor and you will enjoy the combination of tomatoes, feta, other vegetables and the dressing.
– Onions. Use red onions, or white onions, whichever ones you have on hand.
– Bell Peppers. Like red and green bell peppers? If you do, add them to the salad, they will add more color and taste to it! Either green bell peppers or red bell peppers will be great.
2. Pick Feta Cheese
You must add feta cheese to the salad. Feta is a salty, tangy cheese that will taste great in the salad, in combination with the vegetables and the dressing.
There are many varieties of feta cheese available, and some are less salty and others are more salty. Try a few different ones and pick the one that tastes the best to you.
3. Make Greek Salad Dressing
A Greek salad dressing is very easy to make. It is a combination of red wine vinegar, olive oil, freshly ground black pepper and a pinch of dry oregano.
To make the dressing, just mix those ingredients together.
How To Make Greek Salad
Chop the vegetables that you decided to use for the salad. Make the dressing.
Combine the vegetables, feta and dressing, toss gently and serve.