The process of preparing pan cakes will take around 30 minutes to 45 minutes.
1 cup gram flour
1 cup whole wheat flour
1 cup curd
1 finely chopped onion
2 finely chopped tomato
1 tsp cumin seeds
1/4 tsp red chili powder (optional)
2 pinch sodium bi carb
salt to taste
water, as needed
1/2 cup olive oil
1. Wash the coriander and chop it finely. Take half amount of the finely chopped tomato and blend it in the blender. Add salt to this paste and this is ready. Green chillies can also be added, but that is optional.
2. Make a mixture of the gram flour, whole wheat flour, red chillies, salt and sodium bi carb. Mix it evenly.
3. Now add curd to the mixture of gram flour and wheat flour. Add a tsp of olive oil to this mixture as well. Now blend it if necessary.
4. Heat 1 tsp of oil in a frying pan and add the cumin seeds. Allow the cumin seeds to crackle, Once cumin seeds start crackling, add finely chopped onion and tomato in the pan. Let it cook for a minute on low flames. When onion starts to appear as light golden in color, turn the flames off.
5.Now add the fried onion and tomato paste in the mix of gram flour and wheat flour. Make the mixture even.
6. The batter should be easily spreadable though not too much thin. If the batter is thick, add water to the above mix and check the consistency.
7. Now take a non stick pan and let it heat for a minute. Now pour a tsp of oil. Take a serving spoon and spread 1 serving spoon full of batter in the heated pan. Keep the size of spread small to medium so that it will be easy to flip. Allow it to cook for 30 seconds on low flames. Once you can see small bubbles on the edges, means it is cooked for this side and now the time to flip the side.
8. Now flip the side. Cook it until this side too turns brown. Now the salty pan cake is ready.
9. Repeat this process for rest of the batter. The mix of one cup gram flour and one cup whole wheat flour can make 6-8 pan cakes, depending on the size of pan cake and the thickness of the batter as well.
These pan cakes are good to serve with the coriander tomato sauce or else with the tomato catchup.