Why make your own wine?
More and more people these days are discovering the wonderful world of wine. Wine has been enjoyed by people around the world for thousands of years.
Another fascinating way to enjoy wine is to make your own wine at home. There are a number of reasons why this hobby is worth pursuing. Let's have a look.
- It's economical. While there are some equipment startup costs to get you going, typically around $ 100, this equipment can be used over and over again for years, and so should be considered an investment. Once you have the equipment, a wine making ingredient kit can cost between $ 60 – $ 150, putting your cost for a delicious, high quality bottle of wine around $ 2 – $ 5.
- It's unique. Even though more people than ever are making their own wine at home, you can rest assured your new hobby is still relatively unheard of. Most people would love to try to make their own wine, but really don't quite know where to start.
- It's legal. Yes, it's legal to make your own wine at home. Households with 1 adult can legally make 100 gallons of wine per year for personal consumption. That's over 40 cases of wine. And households with 2 adults can make 200 gallons!
- It's fun. This is perhaps the most compelling reason to begin making your own homemade wine. Wine making is a hobby that's both rewarding and relaxing. It can be kept as basic as when you first start out, or can be taken as far as your creativity will go. The more wine you make the more you'll want to learn about different processes and aspects.
- Anyone can do it. You don't necessarily need special skills to make your own wine at home. With some guidance you can get started quickly and easily. There are tips and tricks to learn with any hobby, and wine making is no exception. But once you master these skills your enjoyment of wine will increase.
Homemade wine making is a fun and rewarding hobby that virtually anyone can do. Unleash your creative side and begin making your own homemade wine, you'll be glad you did!