Cupcakes have been around for centuries and are some of the most popular treats today. Actually, they are almost everywhere. You can see them in bakeries, coffee shops and even in groceries. Cupcakes used to be baked in small pottery cups; hence, the name. These little sweets are enjoyed throughout the world by people of all ages. Delight people with your own cupcakes using this simple recipe.
These are the equipment you will need:
* Cupcake pans – these are ovenproof cups for molding the cupcakes. They are usually made of metal, although they can also be stoneware and other materials.
* Cupcake liners – these are round pieces of paper placed within the pans before the batter is put in them. The purpose of these is to make it easy to take out the cupcakes from the pans. These can also be made of very thin aluminum foil.
Here are the ingredients:
* 2 eggs
* 1 cup of milk
* 1 teaspoon of vanilla extract
* 1/2 cup of shortening
* 3 teaspoons of baking power
* 1 1/3 cups of sugar
* 2 1/4 cups of flour
1. Put the cupcake liners on the cupcake pans.
2. Preheat your oven to 177 degrees Celsius or 350 degrees Fahrenheit.
3. In a large bowl, beat the eggs thoroughly. When the mixture has become fluffy, add in the sugar gradually; this should be followed by the flour, milk, vanilla extract, shortening and the baking powder. Keep beating all throughout. Be sure to mix everything thoroughly.
4. Once you're done with the batter, pour it on the cupcake pans with the cupcake liners. Do not fill the pans as the cupcakes will overflow. The pans should only be about 2/3 full.
5. Put the cakes in the oven and bake for 23 minutes. You will know if they are done by doing the toothpick test. Insert a toothpick in the middle of each cupcake and see if it comes out clean of each. Once finished baking, allow them to cool for awhile before serving.
Cupcakes are also a great way to experiment. You can try mixing in chocolate chips or putting on sprinkles. Using the same recipe above, you can give those cupcakes a twist by adding 3/4 cup of chocolate chips. You can also put some icing on them. Kids are going to love this: put some blue or other colorful icings on top of the cupcake and go bring out your inner child by making faces. You can put in marshmallows or color-coated chocolates for the eyes. You can also put some fillings like jam or cream. Try adding some blueberry jelly or other delicious fillings and you can be sure of second helpings. Now have them with tea or coffee and enjoy!