Fall flowers are stunning additions to any holiday festivities. From October to December, the holiday season brings with it wonderful hues of orange, red, green and brown. There are so many beautiful choices in arrangements, bouquets and accessories to make any occasion a feast for the eyes. Your local or online florist has endless ideas for great autumn- or holiday-themed floral designs to keep you in flowers from Halloween to Hanukkah. Whether your style is sleek and chic or very traditional, you will find the perfect holiday flowers.
Five flower-filled, year-end holidays include:
– Halloween. Orange is the prominent Halloween color every year. Choose fun Gerbera daisies or orange roses and create an eye-catching centerpiece with mini pumpkins or gourds.
– Thanksgiving. It is not all about the food on Thanksgiving. You will want to outfit your table with fresh flowers in colors similar to Halloween. Fill vases with cranberries for added drama and interest.
– Christmas. Mistletoe, poinsettias and holly all make the season bright. These Christmas plants are bold and beautiful and delightful to look at. Add evergreens and candles to your arrangements for a fragrant touch.
– Hanukkah. Blue and white are the colors of choice for Hanukkah flowers. Calla lilies, blue roses, orchids and Iris are all perfect for the occasion. Add blue dreidels, ribbons and gold coins for a conversation-starting centerpiece.
– Kwanzaa. Red, purple and yellow flowers dominate the Kwanzaa-flower landscape. Roses, orchids, daisies and sunflowers are great choices for this heritage celebration. Add brightly-colored, African inspired table cloths and runners to pull the look together.
Holiday flowers are an important part of your holiday celebrations and they also make a great gift for someone tough to buy for or who entertains often. Ask your florist for suggestions based on your recipient's preferences and individual religious and cultural affiliations. They have years of experience and design skills they can offer to help you make the right statement, especially if you are unfamiliar with a particular cultural or a religious group. Flowers make the season bright and there is no shortage of floral fabulousness for every occasion, holiday and style. So, whether you are planning a cocktail party, sit-down dinner, holiday event or if you just need a last-minute gift for someone special, your local florist has just the thing to keep people smiling until the New Year's ball drops.